Nova® Tooling System for Finn-Power Punch Presses
Mate’s Nova® Tooling System is the world’s first and only tooling designed specifically for the high speed hydraulic Finn-Power press. Mate’s status as Original Equipment Manufacturer for Finn-Power makes Nova® tooling the only way to take full advantage of the capabilities of the Finn-Power press. Mate Slug Free® Dies and uniform clearance corners are standard features. Why settle for the ordinary when you have Mate?
Features and Benefits:
Premium high speed steel – superb performance at a thousand hits-per-minute and lasts for millions more.
- Quick and easy to change, minimize maintenance costs and maximize punch press productivity.
- Long guide length, fully guided heavy-duty strippers, and Slug Free® dies – reliability and durability.
- Nova’s low maintenance design – ease of use and long life results in drastic cost savings for Finn-Power users. It guarantees clean, flat and accurate piece parts for only pennies per hit.
Nova® Tooling System, with Nova® Style Dies - North America
|Style||Station||Maximum Punch Diagonal|
|Nova® System Drop-In Style||A||1.000(25.40)|
|Nova® System Quick Set Style||D||2.000(50.80)|
Nova® Tooling System, with Finn Style Dies - Outside North America
|Style||Station||Maximum Punch Diagonal||Maximum Die Opening|
|Nova® System Drop-In Style||A||1.000(25.40)||0.856(21.74)|
|Nova® System Quick Set Style||D||2.000(50.80)||2.680(68.07)|
Each guide assembly accepts a wide range of punch sizes for its designated Finn-Power tool holder — no need to dedicate an assembly to each punch.
- Punches are removed or replaced in seconds
- Drop-in style is held in place by a lock ring on the punch
- Quick-set style by a single bolt and lock ring.
- The Quick-set style guide assembly is designed for larger punch shanks and hole sizes found in stations D, E, F and G.
- Sturdy strippers provide excellent load bearing capacity, clamp material securely and guide punches at the cutting edge for clean-cut holes and flatter piece parts.
- Strippers and punches are locked and keyed together for precise angular and concentric alignment.
- Compact tool size minimizes leverage created by lateral forces which extends punch life and produces clean-cut holes.
- Premium high speed tool steel – specially formulated high speed steel and heat treatment processes result in high tool performance, superior dimensional accuracy and maximum tool life.
- Back taper – standards and special shapes prevents galling, reduces stripping pressure and heat build up, increasing tool life.
- Over 0.250(6.40) grind life – Up to 50 regrinds at 0.005(0.13) per regrind for optimum hole quality and long tool life (Note: Grind life is a function of material thickness, die penetration and tool length adjustment. Actual grind life may vary.)
- Precision hardened and ground material – resists abrasive action of punching, extends tool life, prevents pickup of slivers that may cause sheet marking.
- Punch point guiding – allowing no lateral movement of the punch point assures the most accurate and best quality piece parts, prevents scrap from rising into the assembly.
- Radiused face – reduces sheet marking, improves piece part quality.
- Highly wear resistant, chrome air hardened tool steel to balance hardness and toughness.
- Slug Free® die geometry eliminates slug pulling. Uniform clearance radii in die corners to eliminate pip marks.
- Precision orientation for superior piece part quality.
- Up to 0.118(3.00) grind life. Superior roundness and flatness with exceptional die strength.