LENSMATE™ Cleaning Tissues
MATE LENSMATE™ Cleaning Tissue
- Improve optics life and performance with this convenient and easy-to-use Mate maintenance accessory.
- Description: Stapled 4″ x 6″ book, 25 tissues per book, perforated for easy removal.
LensMate™ lens cleaning tissue is formulated for demanding cleaning applications.
- Extremely soft to reduce scratching
- Long-fiber, lint free construction.
- Residue free 100% bleached chemical wood pulp, cotton and linen fiber material.
- Meets Federal Specification NNN-P-40B
Benefits of regular lens cleaning:
- Extend lens life by reducing build up of contaminants that cause premature lens failure.
- Improved cutting performance and consistency by reducing absorption and thermal lensing.
- Avoid costly downtime and repairs from optics failure.
Laser Lens Cleaning Instructions
- Always wear powder-free finger cots or rubber gloves when cleaning lenses to prevent lens contamination from dirt, skin oils, etc.
- Place the optic on a clean lens tissue in a well lit work area.
- To begin cleaning, (Fig. 1) blow the lens with a clean air source (“canned air” or a squeeze bulb) to remove loose residue.
- Fold a tissue into halves or quarters. (Fig. 2) Moisten the tissue with several drops of high purity isopropyl alcohol or acetone.
- Carefully drag the tissue across the lens under the tissue’s own weight. If properly saturated, the tissue will leave a slight solvent trail, which dries quickly and evenly without streaking. (Fig. 3)
- DO NOT apply downward pressure or any scrubbing action—this will permanently damage the lens coating.
- The appropriate solvent should dissolve and suspend the contamination, which is re-absorbed by the tissue surface as it is dragged across the lens.
- Repeat using a clean tissue and additional solvent until the contaminant is fully removed.
- Finally, rinse the lens (Fig. 4) with high purity isopropyl alcohol and allow to dry a few minutes before remounting.
Note: Dry tissue will damage lens coatings.
Use ONLY when tissue is wet or saturated with solvent.