M4PM Tool Steel
Mate® Tooling Lasts Even Longer with M4PM™ Steel
Mate has long offered the most comprehensive range of tooling for all major punch press manufacturers. Mate’s tooling is even better with the superior performance and longevity of Mate’s M4PM™ tool steel.
What is M4PM™ Steel?
Designed for use in high performance tooling systems, M4PM is a high speed, particle metallurgy steel that combines the chemical composition of M4, particle metallurgy manufacturing and a triple temper heat treatment process. M4PM offers superior resistance to adhesive and abrasive-wear to maximize the interval between regrinds. The increased alloy content results in higher effective hardness for better wear resistance. A more uniform distribution of smaller carbides results in significantly reduced tool breakage and edge chipping.
Why use M4PM™ Steel?
Longer Lasting Tooling. With the clear advantage of M4PM steel, Mate’s superior accuracy and precision, and you have a winning combination: reliable, consistent, long-lasting tooling. Compared to conventional high speed steel used by other manufacturers, Mate tooling with M4PM provides at least 50% or greater wear resistance.*What does long-lasting tooling mean to you?
- Increased machine uptime
- Improved sheet metal products
- Reduced overall tooling costs
- Lower overall production costs
M4PM tool steel is standard on the following Mate products:
Thick Turret Style
- All Thick Turret C, D and E station slitting inserts
- Thick Turret cluster inserts from 2mm-20mm
- QCT™ A & B station inserts
- All conventional Trumpf-style Size 0 and Size 1 punches
- All QuickLock™ Size 1 punches
- All NEXT™ Size 40 and 76 punches
- All Trumpf-style Size 5 and Size 10 Multi Tool punches
- All Trumpf-style Size 5 and Size 10 Multi Tool dies
- All LongLife™ slitting punch and die inserts
- Trumpf style cluster inserts from 2mm-20mm
Thin Turret Style
- Xcel™ 3-1/2” station slitting inserts
Mate M4PM tool steel is an available option on the following products:
- UltraTEC® A and B station punches
- MXC™ A and B station punches