Trumpf Style Tooling with M4PM™ Tool Steel
Mate has long offered the most comprehensive range of tooling for Trumpf-style punch presses: the economy of conventional Trumpf-Style tooling, the convenience of QuickLock™ with its keyed alignment ring and the high performance NEXT™ insert tooling system.
Mate’s Trumpf-style tooling is even better with the superior performance and longevity of Mate’s M4PM™ tool steel, now standard on the following products:
- All conventional Trumpf-style Size 0 and Size 1 punches
- All QuickLock™ Size 1 punches
- All NEXT™ Size 40 and 76 punches
- All Trumpf-style Size 5 and Size 10 Multi Tool punches
- All Trumpf-style Size 5 and Size 10 Multi Tool dies
- All LongLife™ slitting punch and die inserts
Designed for use in high performance tooling systems, M4PM is a high speed,
particle metallurgy steel that combines the chemical composition of M4, particle
metallurgy manufacturing and a triple temper heat treatment process.
M4PM offers superior resistance to adhesive and abrasive-wear to maximize the interval between regrinds. The increased alloy content results in higher effective hardness for better wear resistance. A more uniform distribution of smaller carbides results in significantly reduced tool breakage and edge chipping.
Longer Lasting Tooling
With the clear advantage of M4PM steel, Mate’s superior accuracy and precision, and you have a winning combination: reliable, consistent, long-lasting tooling. Compared to conventional high speed steel used by other manufacturers, Mate’s Trumpf-style tooling with M4PM has at least 50% or greater wear resistance.*
What does long-lasting tooling mean to you?
- Increased machine uptime.
- Improved sheet metal products.
- Reduced overall tooling costs.
- Lower overall production costs.
*Wear Resistance index values were developed by an independent metallurgical expert, evaluating both adhesive and abrasive wear characteristics of tool steels at typical levels of hardening.