Application Specialist III + Solidworks
Provide guidance to customers for new and existing requests for special fabrication applications. Work with other departments throughout the organization to provide the most innovative, reliable, cost effective tooling solutions for our customers worldwide. Provide our customers with solutions to technical questions and problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive, acknowledge and respond to customers inquiries in a timely and efficient manner
- Receive and review customer enquiries, including verbal, text, and 2D CAD and 3D Solid Models.
- Establish sell price and approximate lead time using Mate business systems and applications.
- Create and provide explanatory CAD images that describe the solution proposed, including sequence of operations where applicable.
- Provide additional explanatory information including appropriate product bulletins and/or links to files and resources on mate.com.
- Provide pre and post sale technical support that enhances Mate Precision Tooling’s reputation for superior customer service and in-field technical support, including verbal and written.
- Help keep customer profiles up to date with accurate tooling information
- Keep up to date on new product development, system improvements and departmental procedures
- Provide technical, commercial and application guidance to internal and external staff
- Participate in key customer facing activities
- Some travel may be required, domestic and international
- Work with CS Team Members
- Display and deliver a positive attitude and respect toward other employees of Mate Precision Tooling
- Abide by the Mate Precision Tooling Employee Handbook. Also, follow instructions listed in the On-Line Resource / Customer Service Department Guidelines for specific departmental policies and procedure
- Other duties may be assigned by the Customer Service Manager
For consideration of promotion to Application Specialist 3 Plus Solid Works, Application Specialists must be 100% proficient in all essential duties and responsibilities of AS 3. Training, certification and proficient use of Solid Works (or equivalent) is required.
An Application Specialist 3 Plus Solid Works must practice “working to get one more quote entered”. This could include working an extra 10 or 15 minutes occasionally to help get the work done “TODAY” and work Overtime as needed. An Application Specialist 3 Plus Solid Works is a model Customer Service Team Member.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent, minimum 12 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Punch press and Press Brake experience.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
Proficient typing skills are a requirement
- 2D, 3D, Solid Modeling, Solid Works Sheet Metal Module
- Excel, Word
- E-mail, Contact management, Calendar scheduling
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, perimeters, and tonnage. Ability to apply basic geometry and trigonometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to visualize concepts in three dimensions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual must be able to perform data entry requirements proficiently, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally, and access departmental files and equipment. Initial training requires cross training in the shipping department requiring standing, twisting and bending.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office setting but individual must be able to access shop floor.