Premia™ Sharpening System
- Features and Benefits
- Effortless Operation
- Touch Screen Interface
- Universal Fixture
- Dual Stage Coolant Filtration
- Tooling System Compatibility
- Technical Specifications
Proper tooling maintenance is critical to produce high quality parts, increase machine uptime and extend tool life. Mate’s Premia™ Sharpening System ensures the proper result for every sharpening operation. With Premia’s easy-to-use touch screen interface, powerful high-output motor and ability to accept any tooling style, keeping your tooling in optimal condition has never been easier.
Features and Benefits
- Touch-screen interface
- Simplifies all set-up and maintenance operations.
- Supports multiple languages and units of measure.
- On screen alerts/warnings for „Add Coolant“ (low coolant) and „Change Filter“ (high coolant).
- Predictive wheel replacement warning.
- Easily updateable software via USB port and SD card.
- Data Tracking
- Monitor the number of punch press tools sharpened, wheel and coolant life, motor life and more.
- Superior dual-stage filtration uses Mate’s proprietary MSR™(Magnetic Swarf Retention) technology for longer maintenance intervals and extended coolant pump life.
- Solid-surface 7.8”(200mm) CBN grinding wheel optimizes performance.
- Innovative design allows automatic coolant flow directly through the grinding wheel.
- Ideal for unsupervised operation…just press “Start Grinding” and Premia will sharpen the tool without assistance.
- Light signals when current sharpening cycle is finished so there’s no need to wait by the machine.
- Store multiple programs to ensure consistency no matter who operates the machine.
- With the most powerful motor (3.3kW) in its class–Premia can handle the largest tools.
- Premia adjusts the feeds and speeds to compensate for tool size, providing a consistent material removal rate across the tool surface for an excellent surface finish.
- Three standard programs (one each for small, medium and large tools) and two user-customizable programs. Full manual mode for unique situations also included.
- Universal fixture accommodates virtually all tooling styles.
- Fine grind depth and removal rate settings provide maximum flexibility, reliability and consistency.
- Angular table adjustment from 0° to 12° allows shears (including rooftop and Trumpf-style whisper shear) to be ground on punches for optimal punching efficiency.
- Status report screen with complete sharpening and wheel maintenance data log.
- Two drawers for convenient storage of tooling awaiting maintenance or other items such as measuring instruments.
- 10.5 gallon (40 liter) coolant tank on wheels. Easy-to-remove for changing coolant and tank cleaning.
- Hand sprayer assures the correct application of coolant quantity.
- Adjustable flow control helps achieve optimal cooling of the tool during grinding to eliminate annealing. This ensures that the tool hardness is not reduced so it lasts just as long as if it was new.
- Fully enclosed work area ensures safety.
- Door interlock prevents Premia operation with door open.
- Abrasive mist is contained during the sharpening process. It keeps the work area clean, while eliminating slip hazards. Abrasive sharpening mist is also kept out of the air and off of other expensive machinery.
- CE and QPS certified.
Step 1 – Install Tool
- Install the tool into the universal grinding fixture
Step 2 – Enter Information on the Touchscreen
- Enter the amount you want to remove
Step 3 – Select Your Program
- Select from one of three pre-set programs or create your own
Step 4 – Press Start
- Press „Start Grinding“
Touch Screen Interface
Select from one of three pre-set or create up to two custom programs using the touch screen interface. The programs are easy to enter and include:
- Rough-cut feed depth and feed speed
- Course grind, where most of the material is removed rapidly
- Fine-cust feed depth and feed speed
- Polishing grind, where the remaining material is slowly removed
- Spark-out time at the end of the cycle
- Final step, where machining forces are removed
The precise control of the feeds and speeds ensure optimal griding conditions are achieved from the narrowest punch to the largest die.
The Premia Universal Fixture allows virtually all styles of punch press tooling to be held securely during operation in Premia. Benefits include:
- Universal – designed to work with all popular punch press tooling styles, including:
- Thick Turret
- Trumpf Style
- Murata Wiedemann
- Thin Turret
- Robust – hardened components withstand the abrasive operating environment
- Simple – innovative design with sliding t-slot clamps for simple operation
The Premia Sharpening System includes a graduated angle plate that allows a shear (rooftop, whisper, or one-way) to be ground on to punches easily. Simply tilt the plate and use the graduated cam to select the appropriate angle up to 12°.
Dual Stage Coolant Filtration
Premia’s dual-stage coolant filtration system extends coolant life
- Stage 1 uses Mate’s proprietary MSR (Magnetic Swarf Retention) technology
- Magnetic system captures up to 80% of sharpening swarf before it reaches stage 2
- MRS tray is easily removed for cleaning and maintenance
- Stage 2
- Replaceable filter helps trap remaining swarf
Premia also includes a spray nozzle the lets you rinse the part before removal from the machine. It also allows easy cleaning of the fixture and work area.
Tooling System Compatibility
|Thick Turret||Thin Turret||Trumpf Style||Murata||Salvagnini, MultiTool, Other|
|Ultra TEC® - A – 1/2″, B – 1-1/4″, C – 2″, D – 3-1/2″, E – 4-1/2″,||Snap-Apart - 1/2″||NEXT™ - Size 40, Size 76||Marathon®/114 - A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, J, K, L stations||Salvagnini - Type III 60mm, Type III 70x90mm, Type III 90x90mm|
|Ultra XT™ - A – 1/2″, B – 1-1/4″, C – 2″, D – 3-1/2″, E – 4-1/2″||Drop-In - 5/8″||QuickLock™ - Size 1, Size 2||Marathon®/112 - A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H stations||MT™ - 8mm, 16mm, 24mm|
|Original Style - A – 1/2″, B – 1-1/4″, C – 2″, D – 3-1/2″, E – 4-1/2″||Full Body - 1-1/4″, 2”, 3-1/2″||Standard Style - Size 0-A, Size 0-B, Size 1, Size 1-X, Size 2, Size 3||Varitool - 6 station, 8 station, 12 station||XMT™ - 12.7mm, 24mm|
|AMX - A – 1/2”, B – 1-1/4”, C – 2”, D – 3-1/2”, E – 4-1/2”||MTG™ - 3 station, 8 station||Multitool - 3 station, 4 station, 6 station, 5 station, 10 station||Vulcan - X, A, B, C,D,E, F, G, H, J, K, L station||Nova® - A, B, C, D, E, F, G stations|
|MXC™ - A – 1/2″, B – 1-1/4″, C – 2″, D – 3-1/2″, E – 4-1/2″|
Machine height Approx. 76.5″ (1943mm)
Machine width Approx. 30″ (762mm)
Machine depth Approx. 26″ (660mm)
- Net weight 660 Lbs (300 Kg ±10 kg)
- Grinding wheel diameter 7.874″ (200,00mm)
- Grinding wheel type CBN
- Rotary Table Diameter 12.600″ (320,04mm)
- Maximum grind height 11.811″ (300,00mm)
- Shear angle capability 0° – 12°
- Minimum Punch Diameter 0.031″ (0,80mm)
- Maximum Tool Diameter 7.50″ (190,50mm)
- Noise level <67 dB(A)
- Power 3.3kW motor
- US — 440V-480V 3P 60 Hz.
- EU — 400V 3P 50 Hz.
- Grinding motor RPM
- US — 3440 at 60 Hz ±10%
- EU — 2820 at 50 Hz ±10%
- Coolant pump power 120W
- Coolant pump flow rate 13 gallons (50 liters) per minute minimum
- Coolant reservoir capacity 10.5 gallons (40 liters)
Dual-Stage Filtration System
- Featuring MSR technology
- Separator tray, basket filter
*machine adjusts to power supply within specified range below
*End user is required to provide appropriate electric connections.