Summary: Mate Precision Technologies seeks a Staff Accountant to fill a key position in our Accounting department. This person will have primary responsibility for establishing new customer accounts, evaluating the creditworthiness of new and existing customers, as well as other duties and responsibilities described below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Establish new customer accounts:
- Receive and review new account applications from customer service or from salespeople.
- Evaluate creditworthiness of prospective customers using external credit reports and/or customer’s credit references.
- Approve or deny credit based on predetermined standards, and assign the appropriate credit/order code to the new account.
- Assign customer account number and enter customer information into the computer system.
Maintain effective working relationships with Mate’s existing customers.
- Review orders from customers whose order status is “Subject to Accounting Review”, determine whether to release or hold the order, and notify the customer if you hold the order.
- Review open accounts for collection issues, and revise credit decisions using pre-determined guidelines.
- Make collection calls to customers with past-due amounts, document those calls, and follow up as needed.
- Record information about financial status of customer and status of collection efforts on system.
- Consult with Accounting Manager to turn accounts over to collection agency when necessary.
- Sort and file correspondence related to bankruptcies. Respond to bankruptcy notices (proof of claim) as needed.
- Grant extensions of credit when appropriate.
- Enter customer address changes and credit extensions into computer credit files.
Compute sales commissions payable.
Cross-train to backup the Accounting Manager and other positions in the Accounting Department.
Assist with the month-end close process including preparation and analysis of journal entries and account reconciliations.
Manage fixed asset accounting using the existing software program.
Complete special projects assigned by the Accounting Manager.
To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical – Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Quality – Demonstrates organizational skills, accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to detail.
Quantity – Completes work in timely manner; Uses time efficiently.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Judgment – Willing to make decisions; Exhibits sound judgment; Supports and explains reasons for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Initiative – Self-motivated and able to work well with little supervision.
Innovation – Suggests improvements; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience – Degree (BA) in Accounting from a four-year College is required; Minimum of one to two years related experience is required, and experience in Accounts Receivable and collections is required.
Language Skills – Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, coworkers, and customers. Spanish language skills are a plus, but are not required.
Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills – Must be computer literate with strong Excel and Word skills. Knowledge of accounting software is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – None are required.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to operate a computer and other common office equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The work environment is a typical modern office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually