Workholding Application Specialist
As the Workholding Application Specialist at Mate Precision Technologies, you will guide our customers to select the right workholding solution to successfully produce precision machined parts in their 3, 4, and 5-axis, VMC, and HMC equipment. You will be the workholding and machining expert our customers rely maximize their spindle time.
What you’ll do
- Advise customers on the best workholding product to use to accomplish their machining goals
- Collaborate with our customers to understand their machining applications
- Recommend workholding product solutions to ensure our customer success
- Create engineering concept CAD drawings and solid models to demonstrate the solutions
- Prepare formal quotations using our business systems
- Collaborate with our external Sales team to help them win the sale
What you’ll bring
- Practical experience of workholding and clamping best practices during machining
- A thorough understanding of multi-axis machining, including machine set-up and programming
- Familiarity with common industry brands such as Schunk, Lang, Jergens, 5thAxis, Kurt, etc.
- Strong spatial aptitude, and skill at visualizing in two and three dimensions
- Competence with the math associated with force, tolerances, and inch/metric conversions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of CNC multi-axis, VMC, or HMC machining experience
- Skill in 3D CAD, such as SolidWorks, AutoCad, or similar
- Competence with email, and MS Word etc.
- Proficiency in oral and written English
Who We Are
Established in 1962, Mate Precision Technologies is a world-class manufacturer serving the precision fabrication and machining industries. Headquartered near Minneapolis Minnesota, Mate delivers products to more than 80 countries from its 300,000 ft. manufacturing facility.
What we offer
Mate offers a competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience, including Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401k Match, Profit Sharing and more!
Contact us today
Send your resume to email@example.com