Workholding Application Specialist
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Advise on technical applications for workholding, including, but not limited to:
- Establish clear understanding of machine tool environment; HMC, VMC, 4- or 5-axis, useable work space, and table layout
- Establish clear understanding of applications, including; Material type, removal rate, clamp method, and part size.
- Use product and process knowledge to provide product and/or process recommendations
- Create engineering concept sketches and solid models of the solutions where appropriate.
- Prepare formal quotations using proprietary order-to-cash business system.
- The successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Thorough understanding of multi-axis machining, including practical machine set-up and programming
- Thorough understanding of workholding principles and the mechanics of holding, clamping, and how various material types and thicknesses impact machining
- Have competence with the mathematics involved in working with force, tolerances, and inch/metric conversions.
- Possesses strong spatial aptitude, is skilled at visualizing in two and three dimensions
- Strong practical experience with various tooling designs and applications
- Knowledgeable in matters of cutting tool design, application and functionality
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of multi-axis VMC HMC machining experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in oral and written English is required
Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
Commensurate with experience