Technical Sales Representative – Pacific Northwest
Established in 1962, Mate Precision Technologies is a world-class manufacturer of CNC punch press tooling, press brake tooling, and forming applications for the sheet metal fabrication industry. We also offer a complete line of laser products. Headquartered in the metropolitan Minneapolis, Minnesota area, Mate employs nearly 400 people and services customers worldwide.
Mate Precision Technologies is seeking a Technical Sales Representative.
This individual would be responsible for selling company products and services to existing customers and developing opportunities with new customers within the assigned territory of WA, OR, and Northern CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Represent Mate Precision Technologies in a professional manner.
- Perform demonstrations of company products or services at customer locations.
- Assist customers in improving manufacturing efficiencies through proper tooling applications.
- Emphasize product features and benefits stressing the Mate Value Proposition.
- Develop a network of referrals to capture opportunities for adding new customers.
- Maintain a strong network of OEM dealers to enhance opportunities and promote their products.
- Conduct a targeted minimum of 20 customer meetings per week via in-person and teleconferencing.
- Manage call schedule in an efficient manner to maximize customer meetings.
- Maintain accurate records including meetings, expense reports, customer profiles and other documentation.
- Provide accurate information to customer service to ensure accurate quoting and manufacturing.
- Attend training for sales and products when needed.
- Remain current on new product and service offerings.
- Be the front-line for market condition changes and share with management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Experience in sheet metal fabrication or operations is required for this position.
- Minimum of 3 years of shop experience with punch presses, lasers, and/or press brakes.
- Successful industrial sales experience is ideal, but not required.
- Strong technical skills.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good team player.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft products and CRM software.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel and stay overnight as may be required.
- Currently reside in the Seattle metropolitan area or the Seattle-Portland corridor.
- High school diploma or GED required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Local and regional travel is required.
- Manual dexterity to present company products features.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to travel to attend training outside of territory.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to changing weather conditions.
- Staying in hotels overnight.
This is a career position with the preeminent world leader in tooling and laser consumables for sheet metal fabricators. We service customers in over 85 countries helping them reduce costs and improve operating efficiencies through the proper application of best-in-class tooling and services.
If you are currently a sales professional or have considered a career in sales and meet the above requirements you are encouraged to submit your application for consideration.
If interested, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org