Technical Sales Representative – Ontario Canada
Mate Precision Tooling is seeking a Technical Sales Representative. This is a career position which is open as a result of the promotion of the present Ontario Sales Engineer who has been with Mate for 16 years.
This individual would be responsible for selling company products and services to the significant existing customer base and developing opportunities with new customers within the assigned territory of Ontario, Canada.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
• Represent Mate Precision Tooling in a professional manner.
• Assist customers in improving manufacturing efficiencies through proper tooling applications.
• Perform demonstrations of company products or services at customer locations.
• Emphasize product features and benefits stressing the Mate Value Proposition.
• Cultivate a network of referrals to capture opportunities for adding new customers.
• Maintain a strong network of OEM equipment dealers to enhance opportunities and promote their products.
• Manage call schedule in an efficient manner to maximize customer visits, with a target of 20 in-person visits per week.
• Maintain accurate records including sales visits, expense reports, customer profiles, and other documentation.
• Provide accurate information to customer service to facilitate quoting and manufacturing.
• Attend training for sales and products when needed.
• Remain current on new product and service offerings.
• Be the front line for market condition changes and share with management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Experience in sheet metal fabrication or operations is required for this position.
• Three or more years of experience with punch presses, lasers, and/or press brakes is preferred.
• Successful industrial sales experience is ideal, but not required.
• Strong technical skills.
• Professional demeanor and appearance.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent listening skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as a good team player.
• High level of integrity and work ethic.
• Ability to utilize Microsoft products and CRM software.
• Possess a valid driver’s license.
• Willingness to occasionally travel and stay overnight as needed.
• Currently reside the greater Toronto area.
• High school diploma or GED required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Local and regional travel is required.
• Manual dexterity to present company products features.
• Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to travel to attend training outside of territory.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Exposure to changing weather conditions.
• Staying in hotels overnight.
If you are currently a sales professional or have considered a career in sales with the above requirements you are encouraged to submit your application for consideration.
If interested, please send a resume to email@example.com