Mate is looking for a Shipping Supervisor
Be an energetic, enthusiastic, customer focused, solutions oriented, problem-solving, leader of our shipping team. This is a fast-paced team committed to assembling and shipping hundreds of customer orders around the world daily. The Shipping Supervisor will manage daily shipping and distribution operations to ensure completed products are etched, packed, and collected; and completed orders are packed, shipped and delivered to the required destination in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee order-picking activities for all finished goods to support timely and accurate delivers
- Oversee shipping team activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments
- Use software to track, check, prioritize and route orders
- Coordinate with production departments to coordinate timely flow of products
- Direct the flow of product from receipt through order preparation, to shipment
- Audit packaging, labels, barcodes and other features of completed orders
- Resolve issues relating to lost, damaged, incomplete, or miss-directed orders
- Collaborate with external carriers to ensure smooth hand-off at point of dispatch/collection
- Oversee Finished PDS and PBT stock rooms, including; receive, put away, and cycle count
- Be prepared to pitch in to augment capacity wherever, and whenever needed.
- Manage critical documents; packing lists, commercial invoices, bills-of-lading, etc.
- Collaborate with relevant parties to meet export compliance needs, and special requests
- Supervise and lead a small team across two shifts; including; recruit, train, supervise, maintain work schedule, approve time cards, appraise, and administer discipline
- Create, maintain, and disseminate written work instructions and procedures
- Audit condition of equipment to ensure fitness for purpose, and resolve deficiencies as needed.
- Attend daily delivery meeting to expedite overdue orders, and identify corrective actions.
- Report to management on departmental activities and issues
- Collaborate with Supply chain and vendor to assure adequate packaging supplies on hand
- Collaborate with others to specify, test, and approve new packaging designs and materials
- Assist in the preparation of the expense budget of the shipping department
- Other duties may be assigned by the VP Operations.
The following are key qualifications. Candidates must have the majority of these qualifications to be considered for this position.
- Proven experience as shipping manager, including collaboration with supply departments.
- Solid knowledge of logistics procedures
- Experience in using software to prepare shipping documents (e.g. UPS, Worldship, etc)
- Good understanding of budgeting and reporting
- Experience in directing and evaluating subordinates
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Flexibility to adapt to uneven daily workflow
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent, minimum 12 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Professional and Technical writing skills are a requirement
Proficient typing skills are a requirement
- Excel, Word
- E-mail, Contact management, Calendar scheduling
- Familiarity with carrier software (UPS Worldship and FedEx Ship manager) an advantage,
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as lengths, width, height, volume, weight, etc.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to visualize concepts in three dimensions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual must be able to perform data entry proficiently; and to stand, twist, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in a shop floor setting.