Regional Sales Manager – East
This is a key management position responsible for leading all sales management functions for approximately one-third of Mate’s North American sales revenue. The RSM manages sales activities of Sales Engineers to achieve assigned goals of the region’s outside sales team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include coaching employees and planning, assigning and guiding their work in order to achieve sales and development goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements strategic sales plans to achieve regional and corporate goals.
- Leads regional team’s sales generation activities in alignment with objectives.
- Is the technical expert who regularly works in the field with Sales Engineers to model best practices and coach direct reports.
- Prioritizes Sales Engineer development across skills and knowledge.
- Monitors key activity metrics including appointment counts, customer buying counts, quote generation, customer buying percentages, product segment sales, and CRM use.
- Owns staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop team and ensure sales program
- Provides regular reporting of key account activities, sales win/losses, and competitive updates.
- Strategizes with sales management to grow market and key customer share.
- Directs channel development activity to ensure goals are met in direct, dealer, and OEM channels.
- Delivers sales presentations to key customers in coordination with Sales Engineers.
- Meets with key customers, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing projects.
- Maintains a strong relationship with field personnel of Mate’s channel partners.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Additional duties as may be assigned from time-to-time.
- Candidates must have a minimum of three years of outside industrial sales management experience.
- Experience successfully selling products and value-added services into the manufacturing segment, preferably in the sheetmetal fabricating industry.
- Must have the ability to travel regionally eight to 10 nights monthly or as necessary to achieve goals.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite and ability to utilize CRM software. Familiarity with CAD or programming software a plus, but not required.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Advanced technical education or college degree is desirable.
Teamwork – Balance team and individual responsibilities. Exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views. Provide and welcome feedback. Contribute to building a positive team spirit. Put success of team above own interests. Build morale and team’s commitments to achieve goals and objectives. Support individual Sales Engineers’ efforts to succeed.
Leadership – Include staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating, and process improvement. Take responsibility for subordinates’ activities. Provide regular performance feedback. Develop subordinates’ skills and encourages growth. Solicit and apply customer feedback. Improve processes and services. Continually work to improve supervisory skills.
Interpersonal Skills – Maintain a professional and steady demeanor. Listen to others to understand all aspects of a situation. Remain open to others’ ideas and perspectives. Demonstrate a sense of urgency when responding to internal and external personnel. Maintain confidentiality.
Oral Communication – Speak clearly and persuasively in all situations. Listen and seek clarification when necessary. Demonstrate professional group presentation skills. Actively participate in meetings.
Written Communication – Write clearly and informatively, express complete ideas and positions in a logical manner. Edit own work for spelling and grammar. Present numerical data effectively. Thoroughly read and interpret written information.
Technical Skills – Continuously builds knowledge and skills. Share expertise with others. Good working knowledge of Mate and competitive products and services. Good understanding of sheet metal fabrication and applications with the ability to recommend alternate methods to achieve better throughput and productivity.
Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Gather and analyze information skillfully. Develop alternative solutions to problems. Work well in group problem solving situations.
Judgment – Display willingness to make decisions and take action. Exhibit sound and accurate judgment. Include appropriate people in decision-making process. Make timely decisions.
ns and take action. Exhibit sound and accurate judgment. Include appropriate people in decision-making process. Make timely decisions.