Mate Precision Technologies is seeking a Production Operator for 1st Shift
Performs departmental and shop wide operations, setup, and maintenance of equipment including, but not limited to; sawing, sandblasting, black oxide, urethane, and assembly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates and maintains sawing, sandblasting, black oxide, urethane, and assembly operations.
- Operates overhead hoist for transporting of materials.
- Operates fork lifts, pallet jacks etc. to transport materials throughout manufacturing
- Precisely measures and cuts various materials for all departments.
- Helps design or improve methods of material handling associated with operations.
- Performs various manual tasks and other duties as assigned by the foreman/manager.
- Inspect parts for conformance to specifications using a variety of measuring devices.
- Aid in maintaining an accurate inventory through correct and precise recording of component and material usage.
- Clean and treat parts or assemblies with rust preventative.
- Participate in establishing quality standards and process documentation for the area.
- Reports any machine problems or breakdowns to foreman and maintenance.
- Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of this position.
- May participate in lean activities, 6S, Kaizen events, and other improvement projects and teams.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities; however training of others may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. High levels of productivity and accuracy are also required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Competent in the operation and performance of complex manual equipment and basic inspection devices.
- History of good work standards.
- Previous experience doing similar operations helpful.
- Ability to work with electronic data recording systems (such as Oracle or Factivity) or have a basic understanding of a computer.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Use hands to the finger
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often exposed to moving mechanical parts and some chemicals. The employee is often exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Safety equipment is provided along with training in its use and maintenance, and proper use of the equipment is strictly required.
Monday to Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Up to $25.00 per hour DOE