As the Mate Precision Technologies Manufacturing Manager you will lead a team of 3-4 foremen and 75 skilled machinists. You will help expand Mate’s outstanding reputation for high quality and high performance products with your organizational, planning and management skills. You will work at our state of the art manufacturing facility with cutting edge machining technologies. You will be an integral part of Mate’s growth as we develop world class new products and expand into new and larger markets.
Who We Are
Established in 1962, Mate Precision Technologies is a world-class manufacturer serving the precision fabrication and machining industries. Headquartered near Minneapolis Minnesota, Mate delivers products to more than 80 countries from its 300,000 ft. manufacturing facility.
Your Role at Mate
- Manage day to day department operations – including resource planning and prioritization decisions. Develop individual and team performance plans.
- Promotes effective employee relations by providing leadership, communication, coaching, and development training to manufacturing staff.
- Support an environment focused on continuous improvement. Facilitate the implementation of employee generated ideas and solve problems by getting to the root cause.
- Develop and implement improvement plans focusing on key manufacturing metrics; Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Productivity. Be attentive to current business while anticipating future needs.
- Develop forward looking plans for resource needs including labor requirements and capital equipment investment.
- You will be supported by, and work closely with, experienced Manufacturing Engineering, Plant Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain, and Human resource teams.
What You will Bring
- 4 year degree in an Engineering or Business field. A Masters degree in a technical or business focus is a plus.
- Five plus years of experience in a manufacturing leadership role.
- Strong machining background and knowledge in a high precision, high mix, low volume production.
- Lean manufacturing/continuous improvement knowledge, skills and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent project and team management skills. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, sometimes conflicting, priorities and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Strong understanding of quality and inspection systems. Experience with GD&T techniques and their application is a plus.
- Strong skills in team facilitation, change leadership, conflict resolution, and mentoring.
- Experience with MS Office suite, Oracle, Esprit, and Solidworks a plus.
When you join our team we offer:
- Competitive pay.
- Rich benefits package including Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, PTO
- Retirement 401(k) plan with employer match and profit sharing plan
- A friendly, team based atmosphere as well as health and wellness initiatives.
- $5,000 Hiring bonus
Contact us today
Send your resume to email@example.com