Mate Precision Technologies is seeking a Machinist Intern for 2nd shift.
This classification is an entry level machine tool operator and requires setup and operation (with some supervision or direction from others) of various types of conventional and/or computer numerical control (CNC) machines and qualifying of work produced.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Machine, setup and run with minimal complexity with supervision.
- Inspect work with some assistance using gaging and inspection devices to verify conformance to specifications.
- Select and uses tooling and fixtures with assistance from others.
- Maintain adequate productivity and quality levels and strives for continuous improvement.
- Follows guidelines established for work scheduling and understands delivery objectives.
- Participates in continuous improvement practices such as 6S, Kaizen events, value stream mapping or other improvement projects or teams.
- Follows work center guidelines and achieves work center certification.
- Communicates pertinent information well with others and is a team player.
- Good work ethic and maintains good attendance.
- Perform various other duties as assigned by foreman/manager.
- Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of this position
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Must have a basic understanding of the machines and of the working properties of the various materials used in the manufacturing of Mate products.
- Good work standards, attendance, and housekeeping.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Basic computer skills.
- Familiar and capable of using a variety of inspection devices.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED
- Currently enrolled and completed the 1st year of a Machine Technology program.
MACHINES AND OPERATIONS
Individual should be knowledgeable and proficient in the operation of at least two manual or conventional machines as well as two different types of CNC machines found within the department. Individual should also be proficient on basic set ups and efficient at completing non-standard products assigned to the team.
Part-time up to 29 hours per week or Full-time minimum of 36 hours per week. Flexible hours, will accommodate school schedule.
PAY: Up to $21.64 per hour (DOE)
SHIFT PREMIUMS: $1.00 for 2nd shift
Who We Are
Established in 1962, Mate Precision Technologies is a world-class manufacturer serving the precision fabrication and machining industries. Headquartered near Minneapolis Minnesota, Mate delivers products to more than 80 countries from its 300,000 ft. manufacturing facility.
What we offer
Mate offers a competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience, including 401k Match and Profit Sharing
Contact us today
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org