Machine Shop Laborer
Mate Precision Technologies is seeking a Machine Shop Laborer for 2nd shift.
This position provides assistance in machine shop activities performing various duties as described below and as directed by the area foreman. Additionally this classification requires some reporting and documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs general maintenance on equipment including the changing of all machine filters, cleaning and lubrication as specified on the preventative maintenance schedules
- Adds and maintains coolant to machine reservoirs
- Changes out machine and central deionization tanks within department
- Cleans around work areas
- Removes waste wire and slug materials from EDM equipment
- Provides required documentation for preventative maintenance scheduling
- Performs basic assembly of parts as assigned by supervisor
- Cleans part fixturing for various work center areas
- Delivers parts and or materials to work areas as required
- Re-stock tooling and supplies for department work centers
- Actively participates in 6S activities
- Provides daily oiling maintenance for SA department as specified per maintenance log (provided by maintenance)
- Maintains oiling cart supplies as needed to perform oiling tasks within the department
- Maintains and checks coolant levels to all department machines and adjusts coolant concentrations per tag posted on each WC using refractometer on a weekly basis
- Performs other tasks as directed by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate good mechanical aptitude
- Good written and verbal skills
- Able to retain repetitive procedures
- Able to work harmoniously with others in the team
- Able to perform each task in a timely fashion with minimal supervision
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Currently enrolled in a Machine Technology program as a first year student
Part-time up to 29 hours per week or Full-time minimum of 36 hours per week. Flexible hours, will accommodate school schedule.
PAY: Up to $19.27 per hour (DOE)
SHIFT PREMIUM: $1.00 for 2nd shift
Who We Are
Established in 1962, Mate Precision Technologies is a world-class manufacturer serving the precision fabrication and machining industries. Headquartered near Minneapolis Minnesota, Mate delivers products to more than 80 countries from its 300,000 ft. manufacturing facility.
What we offer
Mate offers a competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience, including 401k Match and Profit Sharing
Contact us today
Send your resume to email@example.com