Machine Shop Laborer
This position provides assistance in machine shop activities performing various duties as described below and as directed by the area foreman. Additionally this classification requires some reporting and documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs general maintenance on equipment including the changing of all machine filters, cleaning and lubrication as specified on the preventative maintenance schedules
- Adds and maintains coolant to machine reservoirs
- Changes out machine and central deionization tanks within department
- Cleans around work areas
- Removes waste wire and slug materials from EDM equipment
- Provides required documentation for preventative maintenance scheduling
- Performs basic assembly of parts as assigned by supervisor
- Cleans part fixturing for various work center areas
- Delivers parts and or materials to work areas as required
- Re-stock tooling and supplies for department work centers
- Actively participates in 6S activities
- Provides daily oiling maintenance for SA department as specified per maintenance log (provided by maintenance)
- Maintains oiling cart supplies as needed to perform oiling tasks within the department
- Maintains and checks coolant levels to all department machines and adjusts coolant concentrations per tag posted on each WC using refractometer on a weekly basis
- Performs other tasks as directed by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate good mechanical aptitude
- Good written and verbal skills
- Able to retain repetitive procedures
- Able to work harmoniously with others in the team
- Able to perform each task in a timely fashion with minimal supervision
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Currently enrolled in a Machine Technology program as a first year student
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, instructions and procedure manuals
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Use hands to finger
- Regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift/and or move up to 60 poundsWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms and occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Part-time up to 29 hours per week. Flexible hours, will accommodate school schedule.
Up to $19.27 per hour (DOE)
$1.00 for 2nd shift