Customer Service Representative I
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE I
Established in 1962, Mate Precision Tooling is a world-class manufacturer of CNC punch press tooling and forming applications for the sheet metal fabrication industry. We also offer a complete line of laser products and press brake tooling. Headquartered in the metropolitan Minneapolis, Minnesota, area, Mate employs nearly 400 people with sales in 65 countries worldwide.
Mate Precision Tooling is seeking a Customer Service Representative I for the Customer Service Department.
Process / quote / answer questions on new and existing orders. Work with other departments throughout the organization to assure 100% customer satisfaction on all orders processed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Acknowledge and respond to customers’ requests in a timely, efficient manner.
- Enter orders accurately into the Direct Order Entry (DOE) program. CSR’s will meet the performance expectations established by management.
- Be available for incoming calls in the queue as assigned during the Customer Service Department business hours, demonstrating the most professional phone skills a customer could ever expect (exceeding our customers’ expectations!).
- Check customer’s profile prior to entering quotes and/or orders and verify each customer’s profile is kept current.
- Learn and obtain information on any new product development, system improvements and departmental procedures.
- Display and deliver a positive attitude and respect toward other employees of Mate Precision Tooling.
- Quote accurate prices of all product families to customers in an efficient manner (accurate information is supplied by Marketing).
- Abide by the Mate Precision Tooling Employee Handbook. Also, follow instructions listed in the On-Line Resource / Customer Service Department Guidelines for specific departmental policies and procedures.
- All other duties assigned by the Customer Service Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent, minimum 6 to 12 months Customer Service experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Professional, clear writing skills are a requirement
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, perimeters, tonnage, and commissions. Ability to apply basic geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Excel, Word
- E-mail, Contact management, Calendar scheduling
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individual must be able to perform data entry requirements proficiently, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally, and access departmental files and equipment. Initial training requires cross training in the shipping department requiring standing, twisting and bending.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office setting but individual must be able to access shop floor.
Hours: Weekdays 8:00 a.m.to 4:30 p.m. during training. 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Regular hours
Pay: Up to $22.07
Interested? Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org