Business Development Research Specialist
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT RESEARCH SPECIALIST
Mate Precision Tooling is seeking a research specialist to join our Business Development Department. This is a part time position with flexible hours. This individual will research specific industrial manufacturing sectors in support of Mate’s corporate development objectives.
- Gather, organize and prepare summaries of information on specific companies. A list of companies is provided by the Vice President Business Development.
- Information to be gathered includes, but may not be limited to:
- Geography – manufacturing locations, sales offices, representation
- Distribution – methods, penetration, management strategy
- Sales – volume, trends, geography
- Marketing – advertising, promotions, online presence, tradeshows
- Pricing – online, catalogs, promotions, currencies, discounting
- Operational support – customer service strategy and capability
- Performance support – delivery promise, quotes, responsivenessThe research will be conducted by using publicly available resources:
- Online databases
- Company websites
- Industry association reports
- Government dataThe position is part-time, approximately 20 hours per week, with flexible hours. Office space and equipment is provided. The position is available immediately.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must have experience in market, business, or company research
- Must have skills working with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Preferred experience in database or library research